permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: EarthSpirit Rising - July 8-10, Cincinnati, OH]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: EarthSpirit Rising - July 8-10, Cincinnati, OH]
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:50:56 -0500

ANNOUNCING...

EarthSpirit Rising:
A Conference on Ecology, Spirituality, and Community
http://www.earthspiritrising.org/

July 8 - 10, 2005
Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio

A Council of Earth Elders follows the conference

Sponsored by Cultivating Connections and Imago

We live in a time of crisis -- crisis of Earth, crisis of Spirit, and crisis
of Community. Many of us have come to recognize that these crises are not
separate, but interpenetrating dimensions that must be addressed as a whole.
It is only through understanding the deep interconnections between Earth,
Spirit and Community that we will be able to transform this time of crisis
into a time of hope.

EarthSpirit Rising 2005 explores the connections between ecology and
spirituality through the lens of community. We recognize that without
community and collective action our hope for a more ecologically sustainable
and spiritually rich world will never be realized.

Come explore the roles of education, politics, religion, food, ritual, and
cosmology within our varied communities. Participate in a wide variety of
breakout sessions and workshops facilitated by dynamic authors, educators,
and leaders. Participate in community dialogue sessions led by local and
regional innovators.

Throughout this powerful weekend we will seek to nurture connections, pursue
solutions for todays problems and plant seeds for a better future. We have
the ingredients for a thoughtful, magical weekend but we need YOUyour
wisdom, your spirit, your energy to make it a weekend that will transform us
all so that we can return to our communities with renewed vision and hope.

Keynote Speakers

Matthew Fox
From Tribalism to Interfaith and Interbeing:
The Basis for Sustainable Community

Winona LaDuke
Redefining Relationship:
Indigenous Thinking and Work for the New Millennium

Frances Moore Lappé
Using Your Power to Create Healthy Communities

Miriam Therese MacGillis, OP
Gathering the Community in Deep Time

John Seed
Our Larger Community:
All Species of the Cenozoic Era

Malidoma Somé
Reflections on the Global Community

Also featured are:

Youth Conference

Pre-conference workshops with Diana Leafe Christian, John Seed, and Winona
LaDuke

Post- Conference workshop with Paula Gonzalez

All the details are on the web at: http://www.earthspiritrising.org

For a conference brochure, registration or more information:
E-mail - earthspiritrising@imagoearth.org
Phone - 513-921-5124
Mail - EarthSpirit Rising 700 Enright Ave Cincinnati Ohio 45205

We encourage you to forward this announcement to interested parties! Your
help in spreading the word about this exciting conference may well determine
its success!

Thanks and Blessings,

The EarthSpirit Rising Committee

--