permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Food Forests?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: von-fi@elonmerkki.net
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Food Forests?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:18:46 +0200

due to the sound of your ad, I think it could be a good idea to find out what
is left of the native juniper-pinyon pine forests of Great Basin mentioned in

* Sharashkin and Gold 2004. Pine nuts: species, products, markets, and
potential for U.S. production - a good introduction to different species of
pine / cedar trees producing edible nuts.

found at http://www.ringingcedars.com/materials/pinenuts-nnga.pdf

pine nut harvest is at least a very old tradition, and also an cruel
example on how natural resources of food forests can be wasted . . .

best wishes,
Orava Ituparta