permaculture - Re: [permaculture] stove-fuel emmissions

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: von-fi@elonmerkki.net
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] stove-fuel emmissions
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 05:40:36 +0200

Hello,

In Finland there is an old man called Pauli Rantanen, who has been very
actively promoting advanced charcoal production / gasicication systems
planned for the community use in such areas, where the production of
charcoal is at the moment uneffective and pollutive.

The thing is that by this way you also get 150-200 other chemical
compounds out of wood (they would otherwise evaporate or transform into
thousands of other substances), and I'm not sure how far research on their
use has yet come, but these include sugars, edible proteins, plant feeds,
tar, industrial chemicals, etc. Some may be quite toxic to handle. These
compounds differ between the species gasified and if the wood is dry or not.

Anyway, Pauli is an old man with huge projects and lots of other related
ideas and "inventions" in practice.

try e-mail: uky@selkikeskus.com
or: juhani.kunttu@selkikeskus.com

Or try to write an organic letter:

Selkikeskus
Selintie 510
03320 Selki
Finland,
Europe

In any case, We'll try to work this subject also into videoreport
on renewal energies during the March 05 with GEN-Finland.

For information on non-timber forest products on local level at Africa,
check the Veld Products Research and Development website:

http://www.veldproducts.org

Good luck

Orava Ituparta
via von-fi@elonmerkki.net