permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Black Walnut Guild

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <woodsjay@cox.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Black Walnut Guild
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:15:40 -0500

I can verify that tomatilloes grow well. Golden currants
(Ribes aureus) (Yellow blooms and black fruit) also do
well. Egyptian walking onions and Mulberries are others
that are doing well. Apricots, Peaches and Saskatoons are
not being interfered with.

> From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
> Date: 2005/02/14 Mon PM 10:25:43 EST
> To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
> Subject: Re: [permaculture] Persimmon Guild
>
> Black walnuts, as I'm sure you've learned, are fairly
challenging
> species to guild with. Many small fruits seem to thrive
amongst them.
> I've even found that one solanaceae (tomatillo) can
actually grow under
> them. I'd like to hear more about your successes and
failures.