permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 24, Issue 14

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: David Neeley <dbneeley@gmail.com>, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 24, Issue 14
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:34:42 -0800 (PST)

One should also remember that there are choices for
your Linux user experience. Examples given by David
are for the "KDE" desktop. The other popular desktop
environment is Gnome. I have used both, and each has
advantages. Even further is the fact that a computer
doesn't need to have any graphic environment, which
makes even the ancient 386/486 usable as a subsystem.

Some subsystem ideas I have, for reference, would be
for a control system in a greenhouse or aquaponic
setup. Run some motors to pumps, read some sensors,
activate some actuators, have a web services interface
for integration within a community food production
framework. Imagine perma-googling for food you
haven't tried yet.

-Sean.

http://www.kde-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=12598&file1=12598-1.png&file2=12598-2.png&file3=12598-3.png&name=kde+win9x+full

http://www.kde-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=153&file1=153-1.jpg&file2=&file3=&name=Acqua