permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [ARTICLE} Is Humanity Fatally Successful ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: steve stuffit <steve@stuffit.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [ARTICLE} Is Humanity Fatally Successful ?
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 22:16:08 +0000

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 05:01:35 -0500 (EST)
dwoodard@becon.org wrote:

> those to whom they are new, to dismiss them. I recommend this article
> highly, its excellence and importance cannot be overstated.
>
> See
> <http://www.scarp.ubc.ca/rees%20Is%20Humanity%20Fatally%20Successful.pdf>

thats interesting article for sure.

If people have the time then i highly recommend they visit this excellent
thread on uk website urban75.com. It starts off talking about the oil
situation, and how humanity can/will adapt. It is unusual in its lack of
'flameness' and if you have the time (its 25 pages so far!!) its worth a
look.You'll need to register before you can view. It has some of the most
succinct commentary on this topic that i've seen:

http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45251

and another:

http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95435

nice one