permaculture - Re: [permaculture] retaining wall

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] retaining wall
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:51:46 -0700

Kelly Lockamy wrote:
Friends,
I do small scale permaculture and landscape designs for urban/suburban
clients. Currently I have the need to build a retaining wall about 2-3 feet
high and about 30 feet long. It will seperate the yard from the sidewalk,
so i need to be sure it won't tumble into the sidewalk someday. It needs to
be inexpensive to build, I was thinking a sandbag core with a stucco-type
outer layer. Can anyone recommend some "how-to" reference materials for
this? Any suggestions as to other materials, cheap, long-lasting.... (hot
sub-tropical, humid environment)

Interlocking, decorative, pre-cast concrete retaining wall blocks. These are
usually available from a local concrete products supplier.

--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net