permaculture - [permaculture] Emelia Hazelip Quote re entropy

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Paul Park" <parkplace@kootenay.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Emelia Hazelip Quote re entropy
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:00:03 -0700

I found the following quote at http://www.seedballs.com/hazelip.html

"I truly believe that as long as we have not found peace with the soil, we
won't find peace above the ground. That as long as we justify the
exploitation of an organism, other exploitations will follow and we will
remain parasites, consuming more than participating and spiralling into
entropy until we commit mass suicide."

This relates to my previous post about exporting things from the land. My
question is, is there any way to stop entropy, or can we merely slow it
down? It seems that I remember from physics classes years ago that entropy
is inevitable.

Paul