permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PCD classes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "GlobalCirclenet" <webmaster@globalcircle.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PCD classes
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:42:17 -0600

Here's another "wrong" question. Exactly how do they "apply PC principles
to their regular lives and to their business lives, rather than becoming a
PC Designer and designing farms and ecosystems"? And exactly how did
permaculture get to be about anything but applying it to the land we live
on? Has it been changed to appeal to those who can afford the workshops but
don't want to get their hands dirty? And when did it become a movement to
change society by appealing to those who couldn't care less about the 90%
of the population who are less well off? There's no denying that what
we're seeing here is blatant elitism. And it is wrong, from a practical as
well as ethical standpoint. Boggles the mind.

paul@largocreekfarms.com