permaculture - [permaculture] hello, and a question about PCD course prices

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Roxann Phillips" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] hello, and a question about PCD course prices
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:03:53 -0500

I agree that there is no shame in charging for our services, which
didn't come free to us. But it doesn't change the fact that some can't
afford it, either because of the money or time constraints. I think
$1000 for a course of that length and depth is a very reasonable price.
I also agree that a person doesn't need to take the course to practice
and learn permaculture or sustainable living. One needs to do what they
can with resources available to them, whether it means trial and error
on their own, or taking advantage of books and teachers. In the end, we
all benefit from practicing and learning, especially when the resulting
knowledge is shared in any way.

Roxann, NW Arkansas