permaculture - Re: [permaculture] solarization

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kevin Topek" <ktopek@houston.rr.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] solarization
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:33:14 -0500

I'm finding that sticks and branches, along with leaves and grass, makes the
best sheet mulch. The slime molds and fungi that thrive on the wood make a
lot of mucus that works it's way down and eventually fluffs up the soil. The
look is not so tidy, but the end result is worth it, especially since it
takes a minimum amount of effort.

Kevin