permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: [fukuoka_farming] Vegetable Seedballs]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: [fukuoka_farming] Vegetable Seedballs]
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:46:08 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [fukuoka_farming] Vegetable Seedballs
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 22:45:13 -0000
From: benonthenet <benonthenet@yahoo.com>
To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com

HI everybody!

Looking for your feedback...

I've tried seedballs (containing seeds for drought tolerant
ornamentals) once before and didn't have the big success I was hoping
for. I made my seedballs way too big. I put them out during the
summer when there wasn't any rain and started watering them. Problem
is that I didn't keep up the watering. So most of the seeds simply
died from lack of moisture. Next try will be at the beginning of the
rainy season.

Has anyone used seedballs to get vegetables going? What kind of
vegetable seeds did you use? What were your results?