permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Shumei Natural Agriculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Shumei Natural Agriculture
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:02:17 -0800 (PST)

Aloha Joshua,

Welcome, and thanks for the excellent link. I went to quickly bookmark it,
and just *had* to keep reading...I'm into the second example farmer now...

This would be great reading for any PC course or practitioner or just anybody.
I've already seen a majority of PC principles, presented in different words,
in the parts of the article I've read thus far.

Also has its contradictions, like PC - almost identical in some cases, for
example this citation:

"And yet throughout my interactions with Shumei members I was struck by signs
of impurity that seemed contradictory. A farming sensai (revered teacher)
talked deeply about ecology then smoked cigarettes and drank coffee with
creamer from a tube."

cheers,
John S.

- Eco-Living -