permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Step-by-step "How to..."

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kelly Finigan" <kfinigan@spots.ca>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Step-by-step "How to..."
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:51:58 -0700

Guy:

try your state ag. extension office. Here in Alberta, there are lots of free
publications about almost anything you could think of (e.g. how to run a
farm stand, different farm legal structures [including co-ops], economic
studies of various enterprises [greenhouse, tomatoes, potatoes, etc, etc].

if your state doesn't have what you want, try another state (they may have
what you need). I've found that even other countries may send stuff for free
(e.g. I got a lot of ag stuff and biomass stuff from the US agencies even
though I live in Canada...just ask!)

Also:

"how to grow more vegetables than you ever imagined..." by John Jeavons
"Metro Farm" by Michael Olson
"permaculture designer's manual" Bill Mollison
a local /regional permaculture consultant

Also #2:

I'm curious why you're concentrating on these items...have you done a
complete site assessment and goal setting exercise for your land and people
on your land? If not, I'd recommend it...you may find other enterprises to
start first that help you meet your goals better/easier/cheaper. (of course
you may not find alternatives, which would reinforce your commitment to
these actions!)

good luck!

Kelly

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:23:41 -0800, Guy Koehler, Rivendell Ranch wrote