permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 9, Issue 39

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 9, Issue 39
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:53:03 -0800

I have a lot of 6 year old seabuckthorn, mixed planting seedlings which are only a meter & half high & have shown no signs of fruiting. & in the heavy clayloam soils here they also show no sign of suckering or getting out of control. One of the keys to an alleycrop interplant in wisconsin should be that it starts bearing in 3 years & productive by 4-5. here in southwest WI, that would be gooseberries, currants, elderberries, grapes, bush cherries, siberian C peaches, sunchokes, groundnut, curly willow & basket willows.... if youre interested in taste, flavor, disease resistence, productivity then varietal choices are really important. one of the wisest sources I know of for that detail of information is NAFEX. their archives is searchable at: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/nafex/ & I highly recommend the list as well. there's even a few permaculturaholics subscribed.

mIEKAL