permaculture - Re: leadership (was:Re: [permaculture] Bucky Fuller, interesting Usenet newsgroups

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "RIA SWIFT" <riaswift@msn.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: leadership (was:Re: [permaculture] Bucky Fuller, interesting Usenet newsgroups
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:18:12 -0400

Dear George,  You really misinterpreted what I was saying.  Think fractal geometry and self-organizing beings like some of the extremely indigenous tribes.  Don't believe people are like me or that people are neurotic.  Just believe that we are capable of taking care of ourselves, together; collectively.  I wash the dishes and you dry, someone else chops the wood and someone else plants the garden and perhaps we all help clean the basement.  But we are smart enough to put our heads together and do what is best for US.  I don't think we need leaders to teach us how to get along.  That is built in.  We are self-organizing beings and together with all of our strengths and weaknesses we make it work on a very small, intimate level.  The bigger world is just a lot of small intimate levels.  I think you missed a lot of whatI was saying.  Again, I am not sure of your interpretation of my message.

What I was saying was very positive, hopeful and supportive of all humans on the planet.  Ria