permaculture - [permaculture] Mammea americana

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Orgain <vermontgardens@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Mammea americana
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 05:52:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
  I have a number of Mamey (Mammea americana) seedlings and was wondering what folks know about grafting possibilities. I have heard that Mamey is diecious and I should look to graft female scions to the rootstock to avoid the 8-10 year disappointment of a male tree. Age for grafting? Any info would be great.

Thanks, David

David Orgain
The Island School, Bahamas
242-359-7625
www.islandschool.org

Do you Yahoo!?

  • [permaculture] Mammea americana, David Orgain, 10/15/2003