permaculture - Re: [permaculture] more on nft's in the orchard, mulch plants and standard rootstocks

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: ERDA Institute <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] more on nft's in the orchard, mulch plants and standard rootstocks
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:12:41 +1000

Title: Re: [permaculture] more on nft's in the orchard, mulch plants and standard rootstocks
About Comfrey
Rarely propagates from seed - the best way to spread it is to dig it up /disturb the roots. The best way to get rid of it is to put ducks on to forage. I planted a ring of comfrey around 40 trees in my orchard - was fantastic until the ducks went in - within 6 months not a single comfrey leaf to be seen.
Robyn