permaculture - [permaculture] Re: wanted: consultant in the Mid-west

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Joshua Dolan <rainbowwarrior14874@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: wanted: consultant in the Mid-west
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:51:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,
I am looking for a consultant in Iowa. A friend of
mine has 1000 acres about 45 minitues outside of Des
Moins. I had recently given them a brief introduction
to permaculture and had told them about the work of
Wes Jackson. They were estatic, and now they want to
find someone to design a permaculture system on the
land, and are also very open to the idea of an
ecovillage and community. They want to use it as a
demonstration site, or school, to teach permaculture.

The family they have working the land right now are
quite elderly and will only be working the land for
another five years or so. In the interum, they would
like to find a young person, or family, or group of
young people, to start working a 5 or 10 acre plot and
to help them make the transition from monoculture to
permaculture. One of the main requirements, however,
is that the income level from the property be
maintained at its present level.

If anyone out there could suggest a consultant, please
let me know via a personal email. Also, if anyone
would like to start a string about making such a
transition, I would be very interested to hear your
thoughts.