permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Design Course in Vermont, September 12-20

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude William Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: "john@eco-living.net, permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Design Course in Vermont, September 12-20
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:57:28 -0400

Hi John,

Thanks again for this... Got our fourth student paid in full today. Is Ayers
still coming ? I think I figured out how to work with her : She could do two
hours of chores a day - helping the cook and cleaning/sweeping type of
stuff.... Whadaya think ?

I finally got to your proposal and it seems just right. I have the
schedule/running order up and I'm seeing you do a warm up greeting friday
night the 12th. The introduction of your services the following morning.
Tuesday the 16th you would do a class on compost/humanure that would flow
into a hands-on practical of building a compost pile.

On Fri 19th you'd be almost the whole morning doing Urban Strategies, Local
economies and of course community which could segue into the section on
eco-villages scheduled for that afternoon.

I am taking a similar amount of sections and rather than sweat trying to
get a full hour, I will concentrate on getting together an excellent 10 or
15 minutes and then hand it over to Peter. Feel free to take as much or as
little of a section as you'd like , I ask only that material be TIGHT !!

Still no : Stove, fridge, electricity to barn/cafeteria. Still no water
tower or shower set up.

Nothing too catastrophic :-)

The barn has to new windos in it and will be a magnificent space for the
course. the cook is booked and he's A1

Here's hoping !

Claude