permaculture - Re: Subject: Re: [permaculture] Hierarchies and certification..

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [permaculture] Hierarchies and certification..
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:50:38 -0500

I dont know about the other certifications mentioned previously, but to be certified organic after the new USDA rulings in October is actually quite rigorous & the consumer can be sure in most cases that having that seal on your products correlates to very specific farming practices. (So rigourous in fact that at this point compost tea is not a legal input & the use of something like farm generated compost requires such tedious documentation that I can't see a lot of smaller farmers actually having the time to do such things.) mIEKAL