permaculture - [permaculture] Who's Qualified to Teach Pc?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kirby Fry" <peace@totalaccess.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Who's Qualified to Teach Pc?
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 09:18:45 -0500

Title: The Center of Natural Design
Hi All,

Some folks have been wondering what qualifies them to tech a Pc design course.

As I recall, Bill says that the 72 hour design course is what you need to be able to both call yourself a Pc designer and teacher.  He ads that the bad teachers will weed themselves out which I tend to agree with.

Some people have also expressed to me that they do not feel qualified to teach Pc after they've taken a design course and that the design course alone is not a good enough primer for a someone to be "licensed" to teach a course.

Their suggested solution is extended courses for potential teachers and a board that authenticates that teachers have successfully completed the extra courses.

My feeling is that if someone is not comfortable teaching a course after completing a design course then they simply shouldn't teach a course and to leave it at that.

Kirby Fry

For the real scoop on environmental and social justice issues check out Democracy Now!  http://www.democracynow.org/