permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: pix

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Vlaun <scott@moosepondarts.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: pix
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:58:30 -0400

I'd just like to mention that the intercrop image is originally from the book "Fatal Harvest the Tradegy of Industrial Agriculture." Here's the rap I wrote on it for the '03 Seeds of Change catalog.

Fatal Harvest
Edited by Andrew Kimbrell
Softcover: 396 pages with over 250 photos

As organic gardeners we understand what it means to care for the land. In groundbreaking scope and depth, Fatal Harvest, The Tragedy of Industrial Agriculture, spells out the imperative to care for the land and its beings on every scale and level. Including incisive photography and probing essays by such visionaries as Vandana Shiva, Wes Jackson, Wendell Berry and Alice Waters, this book not only chronicles the perilous path of chemical-based industrial agriculture, but crafts a vision of hope for a food future that is richly diverse, environmentally sustainable, and socially just.

It's a Great Read,

Scott Vlaun
Western Maine, USA, where it is sweltering. (finally!)