permaculture - [permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 5, Issue 59

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 5, Issue 59
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:35:03 -0600

This sounds like a perfect place for Bill Mollison's favorite appropriate technology the trompe,used by Catholic clergy to provide air for the pipe organs as well as a way to produce strange and convincing mystical sounds to woo prospective members, (according to Bill). Bill also was fond of citing that the city of Chicago ran on compressed air not only the pneumatic delivery system of memos and bank transactions but the public transportation network.

Seems I remember someone did a search on this and found it to be true, not that I ever doubted Bill's stories for a second.

Scott P.