permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Hydrogen was: regional diets

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: ERDA Institute <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Hydrogen was: regional diets
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:35:26 +1000

Haven't been able to get back on this one earlier - have PDC running at
present...
Reference for Brown's gas was an article in PIJ (International Permaculture
Journal) issue #32 page 33 - sources quoted in article were
Sydney Morning Herald 13/9/88; Nexus Autumn 1989; Northern Star 15/7/89
Yule Brown developed a welder based on his hydrogen electrolysis which was
supposedly manufactured in China in the late '80's-early '90's.
The PIJ article states "...Brown has developed a way to compress the
hydrogen and oxygen to create a safe gas. With his method using a specially
design electrolysis cell he has obtained a balance between the two gasses so
they actually implode back into water if exposed to a spark in a confined
space."
A friend tried to contact Yule Brown in the early '90's but had no luck -
rumour was he'd received threats and gone underground with his invention.
Who knows... might have been a crank or he might really have been on to
something... I like to keep an open mind, sometimes the 'impossible' can
happen.....
Robyn