permaculture - Re: [permaculture] RE: Stained urbanite?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] RE: Stained urbanite?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:43:42 -0700

> From: "ingrid" <ingrid@earthlysites.com>

> Thanks for the info. A key piece of what i'm considering is how the removed
> chunks of concrete will stain. Anyone done this?
but of course! The iron leaves an orange-clay-ochre color.
> The underside will
> probably show more aggregate which i'm not sure about reacting.
what's the rock in the ag?
> Also, would
> it make sense to spray or dunk the chunks?
or paint it on (lawn liquid) or pour the grainy stuff on it directly?(dry
type) With acid before or not?
This is art, time to experiment & report back.

-Rick

ps- my Q about which acid- I know muriatic is the Mason's choice, but which
might be the eco-choice?