permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: OrganicAgInfo.org resource now available] http://www.organicaginfo.org/

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: OrganicAgInfo.org resource now available] http://www.organicaginfo.org/
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:21:37 -0700

http://www.organicaginfo.org/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fwd: OrganicAgInfo.org resource now available
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:01:06 -0700
From: Jane Sooby <jane@OFRF.ORG>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

June 17, 2003

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to announce an exciting new resource for information on
organic agriculture: http://www.organicaginfo.org
<http://www.organicaginfo.org/>. OrganicAgInfo is an on-line database of
research reports, farmer-to-farmer information, outreach publications,
and more. The database can be searched by keywords, region, crop or
livestock type. All information on this web site can be accessed free of
charge.

Best of all, if you have information on organic agriculture that you
think would be useful to others, you can upload it to the site yourself.
To add your (or your organization’s) work to the web site, please click
where it says “We encourage submissions to the site” on the home page.
You will need to create a user name and password during your initial
visit. Any information submitted on-line will be reviewed by our team of
reviewers before being posted. This unique feature will allow the
information in the database to grow through participation of the
community it serves.

Those using the site also can rate and comment on information already
posted on the site. We hope you find these unique, interactive aspects
of the site useful.

OrganicAgInfo, which is being hosted by North Carolina State University,
was funded by a grant to the Scientific Congress on Organic Agricultural
Research (SCOAR) and the Organic Agriculture Consortium (OAC) from the
Initiative for Future Agriculture and Food Systems (IFAFS) through the
USDA CSREES. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kathy
Bielek of the Organic Agriculture Consortium at oac@osu.edu, or Brise
Tencer of the Organic Farming Research Foundation at Brise@ofrf.org,
(831) 426-6606.

We urge you to help grow the public knowledge base for organic farming
systems by submitting your materials to OrganicAgInfo. We look forward
to receiving your valuable contribution..

Sincerely,

The OrganicAgInfo Working Group

Mary Gold, of Alternative Farming Systems Information Center at the National
Agricultural Library
Kathy Bielek, Organic Agriculture Consortium
Andy Clark, Sustainable Agriculture Network
David Henry, NSF Center for Integrated Pest Management, North Carolina State
University
Nancy Matheson, National Center for Appropriate Technology ATTRA program
Sally Miller, Ohio State University
Grayson Schaffer, Organicvolunteers.com
Alex Stone, Oregon State University
Brise Tencer, Organic Farming Research Foundation
Bill Thomas, National Agricultural Library

Brise Tencer
Acting Policy Program Director
Organic Farming Research Foundation
P.O. Box 440, Santa Cruz, CA 95062