permaculture - Re: [permaculture] the hydrogen economy

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] the hydrogen economy
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:49:58 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

>...A good 21st century pathway to provide
> electricity would be to put windmill arrays up in northern Canada where
> there is constant wind but no population

No human population, you mean?

> to complain about visual pollution (these> arrays are
> very large, both in size and in quantity, and noisy as hell).

Too bad for the critters, eh...

> Put the wind
> to work cracking water, then pipeline the hydro down to population centers
> where it can be sold and used.

How (aside from mere techincal details) is this differnt from drilling for
oil in the ANWR or elsewhere up there and piping it down etc. etc.?

I don't see any paradigm shift. Feed the energy binge by any means
necessary. Same pattern, just different stuff in the pipe.

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing
People - Place - Learning - Integration