permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Liquid Plant Fertilizers

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Liquid Plant Fertilizers
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 08:02:24 -0700

> From: Conrad Juraschka <conjur@telus.net>

> but I was just wondering if anyone has
> some good recipes to mix it up a bit, preferable something high in
> Phosphate. I am a vegan, and don't want to buy bone meal.

I planted comfrey next to a neighbor's muddy animal yard once- amazing
comfrey. I have used Alder- which likes some added phosphate= it uses it.
Why not hang some bat houses, and collect manure, or build a dovecote and
get some wild birds to inhabit it? (I've done it & it works) I had a hollow
cottonwood fall and bust open a 6 foot collumn of accumulated owl pellets-
that got the compost hopping. Even molehills are higher in P than
surrounding soil.
For plant sources, use the parts highest- flowers- say, scythe up a mess of
oxeye daisies. Is it totally magic that Bio-D preps work?

-Rick