permaculture - [permaculture] Bishop's weed/Gout weed

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Penny Powell <pph@mac.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Bishop's weed/Gout weed
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:58:32 -0400

Hello all,

I'm new to this list and enjoy it very much. My husband and I live in the Berkshire Mountains of Western Massachusetts and we are wondering if anyone knows how to control Bishop's weed/Gout weed. My understanding is that the only way--sans chemicals--is to weed it which leaves us with a big pile that we don't know what to do with. Can it be composted without furthering the problem? Does anyone have any experience with this noxious stuff?

Thank you for your help.

Penny