permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Poison ivy eradication

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Poison ivy eradication
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:53:28 -0400

On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 03:26 PM, Steve Diver wrote:

I would just use Roundup herbicide if you really
want to get poison ivy under control

Steve, what happens after applying Round Up ? I mean, what prevents the Poison Ivy from returning ?
Must you plant something in its stead?

I ask because I imagine that you'd also be knocking out the potential successors to Poison Ivy as well... ?

Also, do you reckon that the use of round-up would be a one shot deal or are repeated applications necessary?

I gotta tell ya: I have been battling a weed called creeping charlie/ground Ivy for five years now and losing and I am THIS close to trying Round-up..... If only I could ignore my guilt !!

..That's fascinating about Pfeiifer.... Would you have any info on the success of using the BD method of, I forgot what it's called where they dillute and redillute nine times over a concoction that includes the ashes of the weed they want to control..... I imagine Pfeiffer would have reccomended this BEFORE use of the chemical no ?

Claude