permaculture - [permaculture] Seeking co-founders / board of directors for an ecomonastic foundation.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Colin Leath <cleath@j9k.org>
  • To: Discussion@yoism.org, <ishmael_discussion@yahoogroups.com>, <Atlanaz@yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, derrickjensen_discussion@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [permaculture] Seeking co-founders / board of directors for an ecomonastic foundation.
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:25:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hello again,
I keep returning to the idea of establishing an ecomonastic
foundation-- a foundation for creating ecomonasteries in
different locations throughout the world.

Recently the doomsday talk on (some of) these lists perhaps
helped inspire me to write a draft of:
the Voluntary Holocaust Participation Manual
http://carfreeuniverse.org/Members/colin/vhpm

If you're interested, you can register (it's quick) and
comment on the page, or just email me about suggestions for
the document.

If you are interested in forming an ecomonastic foundation
(or something like it) please let me know. I may keep
plugging away at it on my own, but some group energy would
help.

If you wish to suggest I need help in the PR department, I
would be the first to agree.

here's the introduction to the manual:

Voluntary Holocaust Participation Manual draft 1

I've been trying to think of different angles on supporting
fervent efforts to create ecomonasteries. This is one
attempt.

Many of the problems facing the world today would be
resolved if the Earth's human population was reduced by
several billions or more. This document serves as an
ever-evolving manual for bringing about mass suicides of
individuals who contribute to world problems. "Suicide" is
interpreted broadly to include willful ending of one's
biological life (physical suicide) as well as a radical
change in behavior from a deleterious to a benign or
positive way of life (psychological suicide). The voluntary
holocaust will require a large-scale, global effort to
communicate and to mainstream "suicide for the benefit of
humanity." This manual details how both those ending their
lives and those continuing to live can most effectively
support the voluntary holocaust.

I have also been looking at existing monastic (or not)
communities with related goals / growth plans, like the san
francisco zen center, or the Twelve Tribes movement.

If for some reason you have a monastic bent, maybe we could
collaborate on our research!

Thanks,

Colin
http://j9k.org