permaculture - [permaculture] tengo quid, daddio.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] tengo quid, daddio.
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 10:12:37 -0700

"Que teng cuidado wid dat stuff!"

Knowing too well how Rick's mind works--he abbreviates everything--my guess is that "Teng" is a reference to dead Chinese leader Deng Xiao Peng, using the "T" as a D sound (as in Tao). Cuidado is just Rick, a notoriously bad typist, trying to type the Spanish word for city, ciudad, and "wid" is shorthand for old English "widdershins," meaning backward. Dat is Digital Audio Tape, so what I get is:

"The backwards digital audio tape is about that stuff in the dead Chinese Imperial City."

Rick, am I close?

Toby, with apologies for the OT clutter. What is permaculture, anyway?