permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Bees in our bonnet.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Bees in our bonnet.
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 17:38:59 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

I've had this problem once, and so have some friends...

Our solution was to contact experienced beekeepers to come and deal with
the problem by doing whatever it is they do...removing the hive, or
inducing them to leave permanently, or whatever it is they can do - they
have ways to get the bees out that don't involve spraying poison and
killing all the bees.

> Does anyone have any idea how to get bees out of a ceiling and walls? I'm
> here working with the Gesundheit! Institute in West Virginia and we have
> bees that have moved into a cathedral ceiling in the
> newest building - and they have already swarmed twice this year!

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing
People - Place - Learning - Integration