permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Article W/ Translation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: Melanie <ransom@storm.ca>, marieloup08@hotmail.com, Nadia Ringuette <nringuette@vogue.ca>, Scott Newman <Scott.Newman@state.vt.us>, Pierre.Vigneault@transcontinental.ca, Steve Traynor <panic_66@sympatico.ca>, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, Todd Pierson <tpierson@in.net>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Article W/ Translation
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:30:01 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
Date: Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:02:14 PM US/Eastern
To: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
Subject: Article W/ Translation

JPEG image

From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
Date: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:35:00 AM US/Eastern
To: thekid@akido.biz, Maria Coletta <maria@webstormmedia.com>, Scott Newman <Scott.Newman@state.vt.us>
Cc: Islewitch@aol.com
Subject: Translated article

La Presse de Montreal, Monday April 14/ 03
By: Charles Coté

The Chicken that laid the Green Egg

There’s a world of difference between the glitz of Hollywood and Rustic Isle LaMotte. A difference more philosophical than physical.

Claude Genest has traveled from one end of the American Dream to the other. Son of Emile, the recently deceased actor, and himself an actor, Claude Genest has spent the last three weeks as a full time politician. He is the Vice-President of the Quebec Green Party and a candidate in Verdun, where he lives.

Quebec Green Party Vice-President Claude Genest is inexhaustible when it comes to speaking out on the vices of the current system of production and the advantages of his vision of an ecological economy based on natural capitalism.

He hosted La Presse on the small farm he inherited from his father, an hour south of Montreal on Isle LaMotte, in Lake Champlain, where he practices what he preaches.

Q: La Presse - How did you come to be elected V.P. of the Green Party ?