permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: farmwork this summer?]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <rmwj@soonernet.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: farmwork this summer?]
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 09:12:21 -0600

Carol,

Some friends of mine who have a community supported agriculture
subscription farm would be interested in hosting somebody for work
this summer. they haven't ever done this before, but typically Okies
are good at making things up as they go along, and they have expressed
an interest in starting something like this. They have 120 acres,
close to Okemah, Oklahoma (birthplace of Woodie Guthrie), and their
farm has never had chemical fertilizers, herbicides, or pesticides (it
has been in their family since 1916). They don't have any
permaculture going at the present time, but it is all organic (I keep
preaching permaculture to him). They also have goats, chickens, and
pigs. Anyway, if you are interested, contact them directly, Don
McGehee, taz1988@brightok.net , tell him I sent you.

Robert Waldrop
http://www.oklahomafood.org