permaculture - [permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 3, Issue 3

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 3, Issue 3
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:10:52 -0700

As Alan said, "Diversity is unknown to almost all of us because the creation is so profoundly immense. How do we empower ourselves to become more involved in the actual conservation, preservation, continuity, and understanding of our relationship to living organisms? One of the best ways is to grow a kinship garden and to collect the seeds." Kapuler is an avid seed collector, and he views this process as vital in completing the cycle of creation, growth, and fruition; best of all, it requires no money. Instead, says Kapuler, "it requires intelligence, which allows us to build true wealth, which is a devotion to learning and caring about our planet." ("Gardening for the Future of the Earth", Howard-Yana Shapiro)

I also left out Wes Jackson in the list of luminaries that are presented in the above cited book.

Scott Pittman