permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Looking for arracacha, maca & melloco

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: miekal and <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Looking for arracacha, maca & melloco
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 19:09:42 -0600

Personally I think Alan Kapuler's work & his writings need to be digitized & made easily accessible online. I understand his relationship to Seeds of Change but Im also somewhat wary of having it be dependent on the ups & downs of one business's website. (2 or 3 times I had links to various of the articles & they changed & I had to spent a bunch of time in a poorly designed website looking for them.) Id rather see all of the info put into the public domain & mirrored on permaculture resource sites like what Larry London does. Also the Peace Journals are rather expensive & glancing thru the index I know that there are select articles that I have an interest in, so I would be unlikely to buy them unless I had an extra hundred that for some reason I didnt know what to do with. I've been teaching Alan's ideas & the bubblemaps which he & Olaf made for years to the interns & visitors which come thru Dreamtime & I find his notion of designing co-evolutionarily central to my own version of designing for diversity & abundance, but there is not a lot to go on or to show people. It would be a very simple, low energy way of putting this set of ideas into a much wider circulation. Hell, maybe I'll write him a letter if I can find a stamp & an envelope.

mIEKAL