permaculture - [permaculture] Urban Gardener- Elspeth Thompson- a bargain in QD's!!!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Graham Burnett" <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: <kitchengardens@yahoogroups.com>, "Duncan Law" <duncan@duncanlaw.charitydays.co.uk>, <eco_vegans@yahoogroups.com>, <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, "PermacultureUK" <permaculture.uk@ntlworld.com>, <Ukallotments@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Urban Gardener- Elspeth Thompson- a bargain in QD's!!!
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:17:06 -0000

I've seen this book about, but never taken much notice of it before as I
took it to be a book of twee 'garden writing' and it lacked pictures (that's
how shallow I am), however whilst standing about in the Southend branch of
QD (for those unaware, QD is a downmarket version of Wilkinsons, and
Wilkinsons is a cut-price version of Woolworths) today whilst my partner was
shopping for a pie dish, I leafed through this book which I found strewn
amongst the cheapo beauty guides and Thomas the tank engine annuals...

Opening at a random page I found a short article about Judith hannah's
permaculture plot in North london, as well as articles on Guerilla gardening
in New York, The Land Is ours squatting of the derelict Guiness brewery in
wandsworth, as well as ongoing and entertaining, realistic accounts of the
travails of being a novice organic allotmeteer- and there are plenty of
plugs for the HDRA throughout!

So a bargain at £2.99, hurry down to your local QD's branch today!

Cheers Graham

  • [permaculture] Urban Gardener- Elspeth Thompson- a bargain in QD's!!!, Graham Burnett, 03/28/2003