permaculture - [permaculture] Re:EMERGENCY! HJ Resolution 20

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Charles Knoles <charles@growfood.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re:EMERGENCY! HJ Resolution 20
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:47:47 -0600

Hi all this is taken from a posting on indymedia's website:

"This isn't a "little known resolution". It's been reported on for more than a month. H.J.RES.20 was actually introduced by Rep. DeFazio from Oregon. Kucinich was a cosponsor. It doesn't actually remove his ability to wage war, but specifically resinds the earlier authorization to use force in Iraq that Congress (lamely) passed last fall. I just thought I'd pass along more accurate information, so that if you do call or write Hastert you have the correct information. I think it makes your call more credible. For DeFazio's please release see: http://www.house.gov/defazio/020503DERelease.shtml For the bill text see: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:h.j.res.20: "

You wrote:

Friends and Concerned Americans,
Against all odds, there were enough signatures, e-mails telegrams and
phone calls within the last 24 hours to Congressman Dennis J.Kucinich
of Ohio to persuade him to introduce before the House of
Representatives in Washington, D.C. a little known resolution that
deprives the
President of his authority to wage war.
However, we must now persuade Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert that
there is a growing consensus if not a plurality to mandate the
resolution for a House ballot.
Therefore, please take a moment to e-mail Speaker Hastert by simply
saying, "I am in favor of introducing HJ Resolution 20 for a vote."
Speaker Hastert's e-mail:
Speaker@mail.house.gov

  • [permaculture] Re:EMERGENCY! HJ Resolution 20, Charles Knoles, 03/27/2003