permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 2, Issue 36

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 2, Issue 36
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:20:51 -0700

> From: "jamie" <jamie@tiscali.fr>

> However, my attribution of gymnosperm-bad/angiosperm-good is a
> distinction Lemieux draws to highlight the differing soils created by the
> different forest systems

Understood; I think I was headed towards the idea that there's always
someorganism that benefits. And, certainly, the Ericaceous plants are of
increasing importance in agriculture, with the anti-oxidant characteristics
of their fruit becoming known. Nor is it just the soil acidity that's
important; they have their own fungal associates; my gardener friends feel
that non-conifer chips can be lethal, not just a poor choice. I think it's a
matter of beneficial or pathogenic fungi.

And thankyou so much for posting L's web address!

-Rick