permaculture - [permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 2, Issue 35

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: permaculture Digest, Vol 2, Issue 35
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:38:57 -0700

I am reaching the same conclusions as you, Rick, about compost being a waste of energy. I find that laying out my compostables where the chickens can work it leaves it in good enough shape for the orchard. I'll try the clay and garbage disposal just to improve my "scientific method".
I do like compost tea, but that doesn't take that much compost - it almost seems homeopathic.

Scott