permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Are we a weed?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Are we a weed?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:42:08 +0100

> goldenrod, ..,
> haven't gained a foothold in Europe.

toby, dunno who told you that, but evidence proves otherwise - nearly every
railroad dam here is covered in it, and i have seen whole acres of fields in
goldenrod monoculture, far from any railway track. while your statement on
the guilds sure rings true, there are others (like robinia pseudoacacia) who
do not seem to need a guild to cover whole landscapes. and whaterhaycinth
might be tiny in statistical terms, but has Huge impact on oldworld
ecosystems.

cheers
georg