permaculture - [permaculture] Coir as an alternative to peat

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: CindraZone@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Coir as an alternative to peat
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:08:40 EST

Hi all,

I've been lurking for some time now with much interest and would like to pose a question to the list.

Does anyone have experience using coir as an alternative to peat for propagation?  If so how did you like it?

Also, I'm teaching a class on propagating with seeds this weekend and want to have my facts right.  Is peat moss nonrenewable or just slow to regenerate.  I've read conflicting info and hope someone can shed some light.

Thanks,

Cindra
No longer lurking