permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture as "organic"?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marshall Chrostowski" <mcfarm@silcom.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture as "organic"?
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 09:49:24 -0800

Seasons' Greetings and wishes for a Happy and productive New Year to all!

On another web forum an argument has arisen over the differences between
organiculture and permaculture. My contribution, much disputed BTW, was that
permaculturists did not necessarily operate in a manner consistent with
certified organic practices and use of materials. I received a bit of
bashing for writing that from an Aussie permaculturist who insisted that
Mollison held strongly to the organic ethic and practices.

What say you all? I am a small organic farmer with limited knowledge of
Permaculture.

Marshall Chrostowski