permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: two extremes in PC

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: two extremes in PC
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:36:41 -0800 (PST)

Aloha,

>...There is no one way; no one type of delivery
> method for a temperate inner-city verses a
> sub-tropical rainforest. ...

I agree. This is basic to design theory and praxis - the 'ultimate
particulars' of any designing are always at least somewhat unique.

This includes of course designing invitations to learn, understand,
appreciate and apply permaculture theory and praxis.

So to say there's only one way, or even just one 'best' way (to do it, to
teach it, to learn it, to spread it), contradicts the 'design' in
'permaculture design'.

(different poster)
>>... But I
>> tend to think that if Permaculture is going to get a
>> real ground swell out
>> in the general community,

"The general community" is a mythical beast - let's all give our own
definitions of it and see if even two or three of them are both similar
and useful.

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing