permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PC Teacher Training Report

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PC Teacher Training Report
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:09:38 -0700

Robyn sez:
> Good point - I often have people coming to do the intensive PDC after
> abandoning a correspondence/distance pc course. Most do it because they
> find it difficult to pull the threads together, also not everyone learns
> effectively from reading and trying to practice from the written word.
> Another interesting thing is the feedback at the end of PDC's and how
> often the group dynamic, interactions and learning from each others
> experience is rated as one of the most valuable elements of the course.

I agree wholeheartedly. I did one weekend course once; to save $ and hassle,
we didn't include meals. No one put that together, and so we never ate
together. The group never did gel.
I did some 1 week hands-on workshops, and the groups were REALLY tight in
that short a time. (just about everyone came back for a PDC)
I think a residential course is the way to go.
-Rick