permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Roundup - agree with Flick

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jerome Osentowski" <jerome@crmpi.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Roundup - agree with Flick
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:33:36 -0600

I have had good results with solarizing the tuff grasses, and most
presistant weeds like Canada thistle. We demo this method in the natural
weed control video. see add on our site. the town of Basalt uses
indurtrial vinegar with some suscess, but I find the fumes toxic to be
around, and I have had better luck with solarizing and following with a
thick
layering of sheet mulch. This even works with quack grass. I also have a
frezer full of rabbit raised on weeds. jeroe
--
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158 E mail: jerome@crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>