permaculture - [permaculture] My Quest

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Buckley" <buck7380@bellsouth.net>
  • To: "permaculture e-list" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] My Quest
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:06:43 -0400

OK, I’m thinking that life is a very personal thing to all of us, so I’m
putting out something personal. I’m looking for a partner, a woman partner
(heterosexual), my Helen Nearing. A fuller picture of who I am, etc. and
photo can be found on www.match.com, username wnc_mountains. From what I’ve
seen there, the women, it’s not the place for permaculture, alternative
types, but I figure it only takes one, and it’s an avenue. Even though I
believe there are possibilities where I live, I’ve only found people (women)
who will speak to the wonder of permaculture, but aren’t ready/interested to
actually do it.

Of course I don’t need a partner to have this life I envision, but it would
make a world of difference. Becoming "touch-deprived" is not attractive.
Well, I’m already beginning to feel that and … I’m motivated enough to set
aside my ego, and just say something here.

If this interests you, ladies/women, or you know someone, then I’d really
appreciate a little assist. In the least, warm dialogue, off-list, would be
fun. I’m open and flexible, but one thing -- I’m not moving from these
mountains in Western North Carolina, well, I could cross into TN or VA, but
this area is beautiful, and more beautiful and access to Asheville is a big
bonus (I like rural, not isolation). Enough said. Thanks for reading.

John Buckley
Waynesville, NC
thebluesky@bellsouth.net