permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Gopher info URL

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Gopher info URL
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 04:47:51 -0700

John Schinnerer wrote:

I'm getting offlist request for the gopher info mails and I haven't
even concatenated them yet...anyone else who wants please get 'em from
the list archive, August 2002, list by subject or just go here:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/permaculture/2002-August/subject.html

...and scroll down to the G's.

Lawrence, I though we had a searchable archive...no??

You thought right, John. Thanks to ibiblio and their special relationship with
Google (ibiblio gets preferential treatment from Google) we do indeed have searchable permaculture mailing list message archives. Though Mailman (the list
server software) doesn't yet offer archive searching, ibiblio, through Google, does. It is cool to the max as you will see ..... read on:
[I need to write a Usage FAQ for this list and include this info in it]

Go here to initiate the search you want to perform:
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/google.html

I entered "gopher" into the form's dialog box and got this page of links to
messages in this list on gopher control; I'll bet it includes nearly all posts in this thread:

http://www.google.com/search?q=gopher&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&domains=ibiblio.org%3Bmetalab.unc.edu%3Bsunsite.unc.edu%3Bgigabit-ethernet.org%3Blists.ibiblio.org&sitesearch=ibiblio.org&start=30&sa=N

This URL will wrap so those who want to use it, just reconstruct the segments.

I counted 16 individual links to messages in the gopher thread spread out
over 7
pages of hits.

The best way to keep track of info in threads is to adhere to ontopic
subject information then when you go to the list archives at:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/permaculture/
click on sorting by thread, then subject then author or date if needed.

LL
--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net